View as PDF
Seeking to contribute to an agile web development team.
- Vermont Technical College (VTC)
- B.S. in Computer Engineering – 3.0 GPA
- Currently awaiting diploma – requirements met December 2009
- Vermont Academy of Science & Technology (VAST) – Graduate 2005 with honors
Skills / Qualifications:
An appetite for knowledge in all programming and related endeavors.
Self motivated. Curious and willing to learn.
General:C, C++, C#, Perl 5, Java 6, Scala, SQL, minor Ada
Markup:XML, XPath, XSLT, Markdown
Hardware:Assembly (Intel, PIC, and Motorola), VHDL, Verilog
Niche:Batch and Shell Scripting, Powershell, Lua and others
- Object Oriented & Functional Programming
- Network, System Level, and Parallel Programming
- Concurrent, Real-Time, and Embedded Systems
- Windows/Linux system administration
- LAMP and Tomcat server administration (Linux, Apache 2, MySQL, Perl)
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Various environments, IDEs, and tools (Eclipse, Visual Studio, Code::Blocks, Emacs, Subversion)
- MS-Office programs (Word, Excel, OneNote, Outlook), 60wpm typing speed
- Driven to produce high quality code with a focus on useful documentation.
- An understanding of principles and management issues pertaining to design, software development, and related workflows.
Co-Founder, Praetor Labs – October '10 - Current
- Praetor Labs is a private incubator to fund and grow hobby projects in our spare time.
- It keep our skills sharp, fosters an entrepreneurial ethos, and lets us collaborate effectively.
- Projects include: robotics, private clouds, game development, and web-app creation.
Software Engineer, Systems & Software Inc. – February '13 - November '13 (9 months)
- Development and support of industry leading Customer Information Systems (CIS), Utility Billing Solutions and Financial Management Software (FMS).
Technology included legacy systems (COBOL, AIX, CVS) and more modern web platforms (GWT, ICEfaces, and XHTML/CSS).
Service Desk Technician, All-Access Infotech LLC. – September '11 - August '12 (1 year)
- Remote management and IT support for a large number of businesses in the northeast kingdom. Roles included domain administration, desktop support duties, with a focused on automation.
IT Helpdesk Technician, VTC Information Technology – Spring '07 - Fall '09 (2.5 years)
- Tech-support including: Windows systems maintenance, networking, and computer repair.
Worked within a demanding college environment serving 1,800+ students and 100+ faculty/staff.